The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), in accordance with the Police Services Act, is releasing information regarding a high-risk offender who has recently moved to the Huntsville area.
OPP is advising residents of the area that Steven Edward Yearley, 23, will be taking up residence within the community at 50 Community Centre Road, Sprucedale, Ontario. He has previous convictions for Sexual Assault Cause Bodily Harm, Robbery, Uttering Death Threats, Escape Lawful Custody, Break and Enter (3 Counts), Break and Enter with Intent, Possession of Marihuana and various other Property Related Crimes.
Upon completing his custodial sentence on March 6, 2013, Steven Yearley took up residence in the Peterborough area entered into an 810.2 Criminal Code Recognizance to keep the peace and was required to abide by certain conditions. On August 15, 2013, he was arrested for a Breach of Recognizance by the Peterborough-Lakefield Community Police and completed an additional period of incarceration on September 18, 2013.
The specific details surrounding the 810.2 Criminal Code Recognizance are:
• Not to possess, apply for or obtain a firearms licence or any gun licence abstain from the purchase, possession or consumption of alcohol and non-prescription drugs and that he not enter any premise where alcohol is sold or served as its primary source of income or be employed in any such establishment.
• Abstain from the purchase, possession or consumption of prescription drugs except in accordance with a medical prescription in his name.
• Not attend any parks or trails with the exception of attending with immediate family members 18 years of age or older.
• Abide by a curfew in his place of residence between the hours to ten (10) p.m. and six (6) a.m. each and every night.
• Not associate with any person known to have a criminal record or believed to have a criminal record with the exception of his immediate family.
YEARLEY is described as male, white, 5’9”, 145lbs, medium build, Blue eyes, dirty blonde hair and has numerous tattoos. He will be required to report weekly to the Huntsville OPP.